Before the Airport
- All eligible international passengers traveling to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization.
More information >
- Do NOT pack or bring prohibited items to the airport security checkpoint. Please read the Prohibited Items list.
- Place valuables such as jewelry, cash, laptop computers, and cash in carry-on baggage only.
- Avoid wearing clothing, jewelry, and accessories that contain metal. Metal items may set off the alarm on the metal detector.
- Do not bring wrapped gifts to the checkpoint. Wrap on arrival or ship your gifts prior to your departure. Wrapped gifts may be opened and subject to physical search
- Firearms and ammunition must be declared at your airline.
At the Airport
Keep available your airline boarding pass and government-issued photo ID for each traveler until you exit the security checkpoint.
Place the following items IN your carry-on baggage prior to entering the screening checkpoint:
- Mobile phones
- Loose change
- Money clips
- Metal hair decorations
- Take your laptop and video cameras with cassettes OUT of their cases and place separately in the security bin
- Take OFF your shoes, outer coat, jacket, or blazer